Aloha City Rollers was a roller derby league in Hawaii, USA that trained and played roller derby on the island of Oahu 10/11/2011- December 2017 under the direction of and coaching of league owners Handsome and kat-atomic. The league played roller derby for fun and camaraderie but also promoted taking training seriously as athletes. Aloha City Roller’s focus was to promote the sport of roller derby on Oahu and in the Hawaiian Islands. Aloha City Rollers members were known for having a strong team spirit and appreciated playing the game, win or lose. Aloha City Rollers had two home teams, the Dash Dolls and the Sneaky Tikis, that played each other each season as well as a travel team, The Rockstars, that played other leagues. ACR was more than just a sports team, we were a family.
Although Aloha City Rollers is no more we wanted to share the training resources to continue to help others who want to train to play roller derby! We also wanted to create a online time capsule to share photos and videos from practices, games, and social events for people to enjoy happy memories of ACR days anytime. We intend to keep this website and the Aloha City Rollers YouTube Channel active forever so when everyone is old and our minds start slipping we can be reminded of the awesome people we knew, the fun times we had, and the badasses we once were.
Aloha City Rollers League Members
Below are the members of Aloha City Rollers in alphabetical order. No one has been intentionally omitted. If you were a member of ACR and your name is not listed below contact email@example.com .
5-Feet of Fury
airForce Be With You
Bad Moon Risin
Beat ’em up Scotty
Big Wood McCrakin
Blonde Force Trauma
Chef Otto Rissotto
Chile Con Carnage
Daisy Mae Shock Ya!
Drag ‘N Roll
Dye Hard McKlaire
Gator the Hater
Ghostface Kill Her
Hot-Hips Hula Hands
Hungry Hungry Hippocrit
Kill Shot Keel
Lil Red Gorevettex
Manjo de la Ira
Mi’ Like Hitchu
Knucklez 4 U
Lil’ Red Gore-vette
Luv ToFU Up
Myrda She Rolled
Peaches & Scream-er
Prett E. Solid
Slamjam Thank U Ma’am
The 8 Precepts of Aloha City Rollers
1. I work hard, do my best and never give up.
2. Mistakes are in the past, I leave them there and they do not bother me.
3. We practice enthusiastically to improve skill and our strengths.
4. I find the edge of my comfort zone and skate over it.
5. I value the needs of the ACR family equal to my own needs.
6. This is our League, our team, my friends, and my family. I trust them and an entrusted by them.
7. I think before I speak, act, write, or react to be positive, peaceful and productive.
8. We are present in our own minds, open to ideas, dignified and respectful in our honesty.